General discussions?

katealpha

Sep 1, 2008
Beds
I was looking for some advice re: an issue I have with eBay and was wondering where to post this? Could there be a sub-forum for general discussions about consumer issues?

tachfine

Feb 18, 2010
I brought 3 lights online and was unhappy with them so returned them within the stated time and had to pay for the returns postage as is the case.

The Company received the products but are saying one was broken in transit and that they will only refund me the for the 2 lights.

Any advice?

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
What was the value of the goods and how did you send it? Royal mail provide insurance to a certain level - can't remember off the top of my head what the limit is for standard post

tachfine

Feb 18, 2010
I have already checked with the Royal Mail and as it is made of glass it's not covered by their compensation policy

SystemOAD

May 6, 2010
You could try contacting the head of the store or company you got them from and explain your problem to him.

With most companies if you take it to the top with something small they will just give you a full refund as they don't want to waste time or risk getting a bad name of such small money and pointless product arguments.