Cheated by a stranger

srivathsa

Sep 1, 2009
All,

I have been cheated by a guy relating to a mobile sale. He promised me to sell a brand new mobile and we agreed on me paying a advance amount first for him to post it on the same day and then balance payment once I receive the mobile.

I have made the payment on last monday and he said he would post it on the same evening, which he said he has done. Since then I have been trying to reach him, but he is not picking up my call, not responding to my voice messages or email messages.

He gave me his address, but I am not too sure if it's a valid one. All I have is his Vodaphone mobile number and his bank details to which I made payment.

I need to find his Home Landline number to try to speak to some other person in his family if posible and sort this issue out or may be file a compliant with the police so that they can search his bank account details to trace him.

Can you advise what's the best way to proceed this?

Appreciate your help

Cheers

Sri

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Hi Sri,

It sounds like a rather strange scenario, but the Police would be able to trace his address from his mobile number assuming he is not using a stolen one.

Tony

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
or an unregistered payg mobile, they should be able to trace him from the bank account details though, how did you come to this arrangement, was it through an auction site?