Iphone on Orange

Marty7

Sep 3, 2009
Can anybody shed any light on this?

Is it true Orange are getting the Iphone?

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
It has been rumoured for many months but I have not heard anything about it recently - only in France.

Chutzpah

Jan 9, 2009
twitter.com
I really really don't get the iPhone.

Last night I found it from a friend it doesn't even have proper bluetooth (because I asked why you need to buy an app to share photos with a friend you just 'happen to bump into' and found out that you can't share files by bluetooth).

Seems pretty pointless to me.

mlewis09

Aug 15, 2009
Scunthorpe
www.facebook.com
that is pants - i certainly don't understand the fuss about the iPhone or the iPod ... maybe I am getting old ... lol ... and was for touch screen phones, I'm never having one of those again ... even if I end up with a brick of a phone, I want a real key pad with buttons.

Chutzpah

Jan 9, 2009
twitter.com
See, you're not allowed to not like the iPhone. It's the law.

But the more I hear about their features the more I get confused.

You can't use a music file as a ringtone.... which is fairly standard nowadays

You can buy an app to find a taxi/local food joint etc.... just browse the internet

You can buy an app to share contact details by shaking your phone... but you both need the app, and with other phone you can share contact details by vCard or even better use the good old fashioned "I'll ring you so you can save my number" method :)

They introduced copy and paste and promoted it like it was a breakthrough... despite my phone already being able to do it

No MMS support for ages

Can you view Flash files on the iPhone yet? Can you record video? Can you forward SMS messages yet? (I genuinely don't know, let me know if it does)

And it forever seems that just as people buy the model they suddenly release a "new and improved" one, like the jump to a 3G phone.

I think I'll stick to my trusty Nokia E71 for now.

shoppa

Oct 2, 2009
www.spree4.com
It was rumoured in the news - they are going to sell it to one network at a time to keep the 'limited' image of it. It is a scary little device with the things you can do on it!