My experience buying an office chair

BigTom

Aug 19, 2009
Around a year ago I decided to buy a nice comfy black leather office chair for working at the desk at home. If like me you use a computer quite a lot then you'll know why I wanted to invest in something nice.

I found a reasonably priced chair on furnitureatwork.co.uk, relatively hi spec but on sale at a level I could afford. So I buy the chair, and within 6 weeks of it arriving and my putting it together and using it, it breaks. You know the sort, five pronged base with wheels. Two of the prongs break as I'm sat in the chair. I'm lucky not to be injured as the whole thing tips over.

So I get in touch with their customer services, explaining the situation. They send me a new five pronged base but without a means of detaching the broken one I can't fix the chair. They fail to acknowledge the danger in shoddy products and keep messing me about. I persist, sending them an e-mail every day asking for a proper response and eventually, after several weeks overall (during which time I bought a better chair from chairsupermarket) I got a refund cheque posted to me.

Lesson: furnitureatwork.co.uk have pretty terrible customer service, and it took a long time to get a refund. Also, sometimes a little money can go a long way as the replacement chair was only a few more quid yet works flawlessly and is of considerably better quality. Also, sometimes persistence pays off even with useless customer services.

lowriuk

Oct 10, 2014
Hi. I know of a great website where you can by a truly comfortable and design-worthy office chair it is chair.furniture

On their site you can buy an Eames inspired office chair. I use these at worth and they are ergonomic and look very very stylish.

Their site is chair.furniture

lowriuk

Oct 10, 2014
Hi. I know of a great website where you can by a truly comfortable and design-worthy office chair it is chair.furniture

On their site you can buy an Eames inspired office chair. I use these at worth and they are ergonomic and look very very stylish.

Their site is chair.furniture

FurnitureGeek

May 1, 2015
If you are looking for an office chair my friend found a good one on argos, he must have had it for 5+ years now and its still comfortable and stylish. I think it cost him around £170

nothingbutepic

Oct 14, 2015
England
Furniture quality matters, but age of furniture is depend upon how furniture is using. If you use furniture with care, than obviously after 5+ years you feel your furniture is still comfortable and stylish.