Broken hair dryer

FM79

Sep 4, 2009
Just wondering: how long would you expect a hair dryer to last?

I bought one - £35 from Argos - in May 2007 and have used it no more than once a fortnight. It stopped working a few months back and I assumed that was that, but having been reading up on consumer rights, specifically my statutory rights under the Sale of Goods Act (and not liking throwing anything away too hastily!), I wonder if I have any grounds to complain.

My understanding is that my statutory rights under the Sale of Goods Act may run for up to six years after date of purchase (even for a hair dryer?) and I may be able to question its quality with regards its durability.

I don't have a receipt, but I ordered it online along with other items paid for using an Argos card, so I assume it would be easy enough to prove along with e-mail confirmation of order.

Yes, I know I sound like a skinflint!

I suspect I'd never be able to prove that it hasn't been used every single day, so just out of interest: would anyone expect a daily-use electrical item such as a hair dryer to last more than two years?

Thanks for any feedback.

Odar

Oct 1, 2021
To look stylishly trendy and youthful nowadays, it is not enough to have only modern beautiful clothes, you need a beautiful hairstyle for the image, but how to choose it?

Xela

Oct 1, 2021
I recently decided that I wanted to change my image and be more modern. I wanted to find a hairstyle that would rejuvenate me. I started looking for hairstyles on the internet. Found a post about mullet hairstyle, you can learn more here. It turned out to be a very handy site that tells not only about hairstyles and hair care.

kira676

May 20, 2021
That is why I suggest to find a proper service to repair it or to make a modern haircut.

swipka79

May 6, 2021
In this situation, it is better to make a gorgeous haircut to stay stylish. I checked https://glaminati.com/long-pixie-cut/ which is a really modern and stylish haircut for any woman. On this website you will be able to check all the last trends in haircuts. I personally used to wear long hair but todays fashion shows different options.