How can I get more inquiries and traffic?

ukfinancials007

Aug 28, 2009
I am Ravi .I am M.D. of financials company called UK Financials Ltd. We are doing article, press release, blog and classified for gaining inquiries and traffic for our website ukfinancials.com . Can any body tell me how I can get more inquiries and traffic?

Ravi Mishra
UK Financials Ltd.

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Don't be tempted to spam forums or social networking sites otherwise your reputation will suffer.

Tony

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
Can somebody give me a fools guide as to how to spam? It's not that I want to, it's just that I don't understand how you do it. (Honest!).

Chutzpah

Jan 9, 2009
twitter.com
Basically Rachelle, if the person's first post mentions a company name it's a dead giveaway.

On forums, the etiquette is usually to contribute as much as you ask questions, and if you are new to make the questions relevant to the forum.

Naming your company and then asking how to get more web traffic on a consumer advice forum violates a couple of those.

Chutzpah

Jan 9, 2009
twitter.com
I should also note that web sites and forums don't come free. There are very competitively priced options on this site that allow people to do the decent thing and pay for any advertising on this site and to allow the owner to keep this wonderful and helpful community going.

In a real world sense, it's like walking out of your house or business premises and seeing someone has erected a gurt big billboard on the front of it.

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
Now you mention it - I guess it does seem kind of obvious! You've put the pressure on me now though! Now I feel I can't just absorb from these forums like a sponge but need to think of some things to contribute too. I'll give it a go ...

Chutzpah

Jan 9, 2009
twitter.com
Don't worry, you contribute by replying without trying to flog something!

The only threads I've ever started are moaning about my own consumer experiences.....

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
I must have been feeling in a good mood I normally delete posts like that.

Tony

BigTom

Aug 19, 2009
Aside from not spamming, if you must spam then do it honestly instead of wrapping it up like you're asking for a favour. People don't like to be patronised.

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
We all like a good moan Chutpah! Thank you for saying i contribute - I feel much better now and am about to jump to the car section and have a moan about yet another fine issued ....

Chutzpah

Jan 9, 2009
twitter.com
I once returned to my car and someone had complimented me on my parking. They'd left a note on my windscreen that said "parking fine", which was jolly nice of them.