Hotpoint service

esfamily

Sep 7, 2009
Hi there,

Some advice please; we have a Hotpoint frost-free fridge freezer with a 'digital control panel' on the door. Last year when we bought the FF, we needed to have the door reversed, for which we had done, for free after being told by the Hotpoint representative that due to the model this was a free service, and when we wanted it reversed again in the future (after having a new kitchen fitted) it would also be free.

We've now got our new kitchen - called Hotpoint (now answering the phone as indesit) and asked about the door being reversed, we have been told this now costs £60 (last year it was going to cost £25 - until they realised the model), we explained what we were told last year, but have been told that they have now started charging for all models.

Can this be done?

Any advice would be welcome - an engineer is coming on Friday! Although the 1 year guarantee has expired now, we've got an extended warranty, and the fridge comes with a 5 year parts guarantee/warranty.

Many thanks

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Although what you were told would have formed a contract it is difficult to prove unless you have written evidence and if it is a different organisation you may not have a good case.

Personally, I would vote on my find and find a local engineer to do it for cheaper or do it myself. I bet it is a really easy job too and it must only be a simple connector for the control panel.