credit card holding misadvertised car deposit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandy

Sep 7, 2009
I seen a car advertised on Auto Trader and spoke to the dealer by phone then travelled from edinburgh to sheffield one Sunday. After a short viewing I agreed to buy it and duly left a $550 deposit however next day when trying to arrange insurance etc I realised that the car which had been advertised as a 2006 model with 6 speed gearbox was actually registered in 2005 and was only a 5 speed gearbox ie an older model car than the one described in Auto Trader.I decided to cancel the purchase and immediately spoke and wrote to the dealer. At the same time I informed my credit card co who put the transaction to the disputes dept. They have since asked for the dealers comments who has said that I had been informed which is totally incorrect. Now the Credit card co say they will pay the dealer as they cannot be judge as to who is correct. my point is that the purchase is illegal due to misadvertising and this is why I pulled out anyway. I have also stated to the card co that the dealer is breaking the consumer act section 7 however they still take the same line. my local trading standards are taking the case up on my behalf. Can you offer any other advice/opinion which will be gratefully received.

Sandy

drdreikremore

Oct 4, 2009
Select article, thanks!.

Hello. I really liked this post. Can I copy it to my site? Thank you in advance.
whatconsumer.co.uk – Super! By.

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Apologies Sandy, I have only just seen this. How did you get on? It sounds like you have a strong case as the car was not as described i.e. a year older and one missing gear.

Tony

Sandy

Sep 7, 2009
Re: Select article, thanks!.

Hello. I really liked this post. Can I copy it to my site? Thank you in advance.
whatconsumer.co.uk – Super! By.
Hi Yes I have no objection to you using the information. I am still fighting with them and can't believe how stupid they seem to be about the whole issue. I am going to involve the Financial Ombudsman and I think I will be looking to send them a bill for all the inconvenience and time costs involved at the rates they would want to charge me! They are even refusing to refund after my Local Trading Standards wrote to them. As far as I can see this is like someone advertising a house with 4 bedrooms then finding out that it only has three. and yet they somehow cant see it. Sandy

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Sandy, if you are not getting anywhere with this you can make a small claim, either against the dealer or the credit card company under section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act. Trading Standards or Community Legal Advice will help fill in the paperwork and it will only cost £35

Tony

Wefspeermxvb

Jan 5, 2012
Cameroon
nadine.helmholtz-eos.de
Wefspeermzkgtripoli

sanramon org/user/35177]prostate cancer
winecountrywashington com/cs/members/benjaminpere1025 aspx]suboxone
bgm me/r/456395]theweatherchannel
forum unity3d com/members/82354-benjaminpere1025]chupacabra
carstereoclassifieds org/showthread php?133283-california-wine-festival-edmonton-citadel-2009&p=332886#post332886]Sperequentarabsxnancyreagan
mtccairo com/forum/member php?485683-quAteReuncsesfdq]quAteReuncsesauqfirstcitizensbank
aion tjofras com/viewtopic php?pid=128344#p128344]Squifesselokdanielle
guild-mi com/forums/viewtopic php?pid=346573#p346573]Bragavaftyxamilla jovovich

Status
Not open for further replies.