Ding in car

shiela79

Sep 9, 2009
A couple of days ago I brought a used car from a car dealer. I took it for a test drive drive two days previous when both me and a friend I had taken with me checked the car over. Apart from a couple of stone chips the body work looked great, even for a car of its age. I agreed back at the garage to have the car, he said he would give it a last look over and I should pick it up in a couple of days. When I went back for it I assumed nothing had changed, the car was waiting by the road ready to go. I paid the money, drove the car away. It wasn't intill I got home and walked round the back of the car to admire my new purchase that I saw two large scrapes either side of the back of the car, and one long deep one down the passenger side. since I agreed to buy the car, he had scraped the paintwork. I could never have missed those on the test drive. It was too late that day to go back, but speaking to a friend of mine i've learned he has a bad reputation for ripping people off. I want money back from him so I can take it for a respray on the bumper, but am not expecting him to cough up easily so before I take it back I was hoping to know exactly where I stand so I can throw it all at him and not just be fobbed off.