Box Junction

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
I have just received a fine (in the post) for £180 for landing in a box junction. My memory is terrible so I have no idea whether I was or wasn't in the area cited on the form (although I guess I or my husband must have been) but I am normally really really careful about this. Do you think I should contest this - if the lights changed or if somebody jumped in front of me what could I have done, etc and I'm sure they change the lights deliberately quickly to catch people as they move across. If I fight it what do you think my chances are?

Chutzpah

Jan 9, 2009
twitter.com
You wouldn't get off of it if the lights changed etc., as I think it's a pretty finite offence - you ever stopped in it or you didn't.

I hate getting caught in them too, but it happens. When I do I feel embarrassed and even tell myself off (out loud). I probably look crazy doing it.

Normally I get caught when you're sure the car in front will clear it and leave you enough room too as well, but inevitably they stop with a HUGE gap in front of them - that is pretty frustrating.

It might be worth contesting it, especially for £180. They must have photo evidence for that offence if you weren't given the fine at the time.

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
Thanks for that Chutzpah. I think we'll ask for the video evidence - it can't do any harm.