Insurance Quote

mlewis09

Aug 15, 2009
Scunthorpe
www.facebook.com
About three weeks ago I received an insurance quote for the renewal of my car insurance from I Buy Eco, a trading name of Budget Insurance.

Following an RTA, where I was parked in a car park, and someone decided to smash his caravan into my car ... he should not have been in that particular car park in the first place ... and the fact that his insurance company have not settled in the three months since the accident, I Buy Eco, decide to add the entire cost of repairing my car to my premium.

Not only that they cancelled my no claims bonus, which would have reached three years, and they are now refusing to provide proof of three years no claims bonus for my new insurers, who start to insure me from midnight tonight, meaning that in a month, my new insurers will put my insurance up to a hefty amount.

Because of this I have instructed my solicitor to write to the brokers, and the underwriters of my old policy and tell them that they must provide this information, otherwise I shall begin the process of claiming any extra premium charged by my new insurers through the county courts, the amount and costs will be split jointly between the broker and the insurer.

Interestingly, my solicitor has had confirmation that they are prepared to reinstate my three years no claims bonus, that is very helpful, but also a shame at the same time, as I was looking forward to meeting them in court, and claiming that money, and achieving maximum negative publicity for the broker that does not provide budget insurance, but increases a policy from £583 to £2123, purely and simply because the insurance companies have not yet settled a relatively recent claim.

I guess I can claim to have saved £1540 on my premium for this year, but only as long as they keep to their word and provide proof of my no claims bonus.