Sony erricson 905+ on 3network

Hankthe4th

Sep 15, 2009
Hi I have got the 905 on 3 (3 months old) and it has now just shown a fault. the speaker does not work when i am on a call (they can hear me but i cant hear them). After speaking to friends who have the same phone they have told me that they have had the same problem and have sent it in for repair numerous times for the same fault, I have also spoken to a employee from the 3 shop who has had exactly the same problem and has returned the phone 4 times already. I dont want to have to go throuhg the hassle of returning it over and over again.
I would like to know am i within my right to ask for a new phone (different model/ make )or not as this is clearly an inherrant fault?
If not how many faults do i have to go though before demanding a new phone?

I personally dont think that i should have to got through it all

Cheers
Steve

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Hi Steve and welcome,

I think you are going to have to let them repair it. In terms of the number of attempts you should allow them, there is no hard and fast rule - the law uses terms such as "reasonable opportunity". I would say once or twice is fine but three times is pushing it.

There is good news - you should be provided with a loan phone without charge while it is being fixed, if being without a phone will cause significant inconvenience.

Tony