Lovefilm trial and follow up offer

BigTom

Aug 19, 2009
I signed up for a free lovefilm trial months back and though I liked the service, never had any problems with them I couldn't really justify the regular expenditure.

However, the other day they sent me a follow up offer for another free trial, which I am most definitely going to take up. I heartily approve of this. :)

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
I am a complete fan of theirs and can't fault them. In fact, just about to settle down to a great old Cary Grant movie now ...

kevinh1980

Oct 8, 2009
I recently signed up with LoveFilm - they are pretty good actually, and have got a decent selection of films on their website, it's well worth doing!

Chutzpah

Jan 9, 2009
twitter.com
I used Tesco's DVD rental service, which is basically just Lovefilm. What always annoyed me was that they would send us money off vouchers to give to friends. I wanted money off vouchers! Or at least some reward for signing up friends.

I cancelled (due to lack of time to watch DVDs with my son arriving in the world) and since I've received two money off vouchers. Typical.

However, I can't fault the way the service works. We just hire from our local library when we want to rent a film now though.

Henry

Mar 4, 2010
How about trying a pay as you go dvd rental service? It probably works out much better than paying every month and it's easier to choose exactly what film you want to watch.

They don't do free trials but you just pay for credits in advance and then pick a film when you want to watch one - it's a much more cost efficient way to rent DVDs in my opinion.

There is a review of LoveFilm's pay as you go service here LOVEFILM PAY AS YOU GO | Review of Lovefilm PAYG | 1.95 DVD Rentals
it says it starts at around £1.95 per rental, which is pretty good in comparison to going to the video shop.

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
That is a good idea. A lot of services are offering this now (gyms, etc) as a way to keep their client base from turning away in tough times. Makes sense.

ThriftyDave

Jul 12, 2010
Devon
www.illustrationbooth.com
Be a bit careful with the Lovefilm Trial; if you don't intend to carry on with the service make sure you return the last batch of disks at least two weeks before the trial is due to end and consider getting them signed for at the other end if possible.

With my trial due to end, I sent my disks back a week early and was told that they hadn't reached them before the free trial ended and that my account would automatically be charged for a months membership. I had to send a few irate emails before the disks magically turned up at their depot and they agreed to refund me the first months subscription fee!

Overall, great deal but beware of trickiness at the end.

ZacColbert

Jan 29, 2011
Yeah it's well worth it as long as you post the movie back within the time constraints, if you can trust yourself to do that then it's a great service for film fans

Does anyone know if they do TV boxsets too?