Phone company increases certain charges by 400% without informing me...is this legal!

relwani

Sep 29, 2009
My mobile phone company (T-mobile) has increased the charge of calling 0844 numbers from 10 p per minute to 40 p per minute without any prior notification of the change to me. They claim to have informed me by text message, but I have no recollection of any such message. To coincide with this price increase, they also stopped my paper bills, hence I only discovered the change when my direct debit went up from approx £45-60 per month to £140 per month. Once again, I was not informed that the paper billing was being stopped. On contacting the customer service, they admitted that no communication had been made to me about the change, and was asked to contact their head office in writing asking for a refund . Having written to them, they have come back saying that they informed me by text of the change in price and hence will not refund me the difference or allow me to terminate my contract. Is this legal, and how can I go about any further action to rectify this.
Many thanks,
Jai

Last edited: