Lovin Makeover Studios - Lovin Models

logica

Sep 29, 2009
i was called by this company called lovin models a while ago who made me come in the studio for a photoshoot. They did my hair makeup and took photos. Then the man at the end was telling me i had to buy photos for £1800 so i can be featured on there website as a model. He told me if i pay him the money then i will be guaranteed to be featured in the topshop adverts. Im new at this but thought it sounded wrong so i approached topshop later.

This is what they sent me >>>>>>>>

Dear~~~~ ,

Thank you for your email received 8 August 2009.
I can confirm that we do not work with this Modelling Agency , and a professional modelling agency will not ask for any money to sign up to them.
We use the larger modelling agencies like Storm etc- if you are looking to get into modelling then I suggest contacting one of the larger more reputable agencies.

Regards,
Arcadia Group Customer Service

So now i call the agency and they dont ever call me back!! I also know the studio is used for makeovers cos my cousin was called in for it. They told her she won a compitition with GMTV so she contacted GMTV and they said >>>>>>>

They do not hold any competitions from Lovin Studios and have never heard of them. They also said that the studio were using there name without permission and they were going to contact them.

Finally i googles them and saw lots of stuff about them - they tell people they work with Cosmopolitan, Vogue, MTV and other studd. I dont know why they are still open and I have reported them to trading standaras aswell as watchdog.

Can anyone else tell me if they been there or whos the best person to contact regarding there fraudulent behavior?

they are called lovinstudios (dot) co.uk, lovinmodels (dot) co.uk and lovinmakeover (dot) com

hrh

Feb 1, 2010
hi

The same thing happend to me i paid £1250 for portfolio thats 25pics=£50 each! what a rip off plz complain to watchdog and trading standerds, they are still operating and coning people every day with fake hopes!

Lovinmodel must be caught ! the guys called keith or kevin ect.. we need to get our money back

sabrina

Feb 5, 2010
Hi.

I'm really glad that you brought this to my attention. I ended up paying £1200 for a "portfolio" in July. They told me that as part of the contract, they would post 2 of my portfolio pictures onto their website. In September/October I rang them and asked why my photos were not on the website and they said that there was a problem with the website. I am still not on there, it is now February. Anyway, I have just rung consumer advise and this is what they told me.

*write to them via letter informing them that they have "breached the contract" and outline the way in which they have done so (in my case they have not put 2 of my pics on the gallery). Also outline the date of the contract and just a general overview of what happened on the day and what your expectations were. Somewhere in the letter, state that you wish action to be taken within 14 days eg all, some of your money back etc.
*Get a certificate of postage from the Post Office to prove that you sent them a letter
*If you paid by credit card, ring the credit card company. Apparently if you buy goods/services over £100 and you are dissatisified with the goods/services tehre is law for it under Section 75 of the consumer credit act 1974. This means that the credit card company has "equal liability" so it makes them partially responsible for the bad service of the goods.

Hope this is useful to you. If you know anyone in the same position, PLEASE PLEASE tell them the above. They can't get away with it any longer!!!

hrh

Feb 1, 2010
Hi sabrina

Thank u for your advice and sorry to hear the samething happend to u! I got ripped of in march 2009 after paying them in three seperate payments in cash from December 2008,even they knew i had No money and as a student i was skint-They said i dont have to pay anything at frist bla..bla...I hate them!!!!my photos are up on the website and the guy told me it was an emergency and i had to have the portofilo inorder for their client to see and i would get my money back in march.when I would be used on a new magazine and also a wellknown one..The sad thing is i knew i was being ripped off and i had no one to turn to as it as Embarrassing. when I got my portofilo in his dark office non were air brushed and were are bad quaility, when i asked ?-he said "we cant lie"-then why have i ended up paying for somthing i didnt get? havent heard from them scince that day about anything and any jobs...couldnt weight 2 rid of me...I remeber once hearing some1 having an argument behind the loud music about the same thing..No agencey takes money upfront like they have done!...Do i contact consumer direct about this to be sure ?
lovin model is still there doing what they did to us every day they have to be stoped ASAP!!!

sabrina

Feb 5, 2010
Hi,

It might be best for you to contact consumer direct because you paid by cash and I don't know what the procedure is for that. Or you can try writing them a letter as outlined from the previous thread and then see how it goes from there. Best of luck,

Sabrina

hrh

Feb 1, 2010
Thank u sabrina! i did that last night via email to consumer direct...whish me luck :)

cheers

hrh

Feb 1, 2010
Guess what iv been told to write in them twice: on the second i should state im taking them to court to claim back my money. Ever since iv written to them some one using a private number keeps on pranking me and calling me and not talking,every week and via voice message heavy breathing and laughing.I know its that guy and lovinmodel. I got 1 just now..

sabrina

Feb 5, 2010
Ok, thanks for letting me know. I still haven't sent my letter. I've been busy but I defo will now you've just told me that. I don't know what action you should take really. Maybe ring your phone network and try and prove that it is in fact their number. Then possibly ring consumer direct again to see what action to take next. I'll send my letter ASAP and will keep you posted and let you know if they do the same thing to me. Or maybe I'll go down there and sort em out! (lol)

amina1001

Apr 19, 2010
Hi all,

i experienced the same from lovin models, and now to find out that i actually have been conned!!! ... i feel violated and disgusted. and yes the person that conned me was inteh name of KEVIN!! ... i had signed up with starnow to join modelling or something liek an extra on tv shows for a little bit of extra money... and just now i wanted to see their website and to find their website has been removed or cant find it and came across this forum website..... i was too tald they had models working for vogue etc and big market adevrts i was also told that i would guarantee get into modelling after purchasing the pictures at their studios ....and as i was gullible enough - i actually bought the pictures on cd for £1200 all 20 of them!!!! then we agreed on a installment agreement direct debit thing where i would pay £200 each month to pay for my pictures so it would tak up to 6 months to pay it off.. even after i had agreed - they (kevin) told me i had a cooling off period (7days) incase i changed my mind, i called within 7 days to change my mind and i never got through to him or anyone that was dealing with taht part of the company ......it was near enough every month i was tryna to call them to speak with kevin but never got a reply back and when he actually called me - it was after 6 months when he actually got back to me, plz note it was after he had taken all my money is when he decided to call me back....i did have a go at him but he just brushed me off with another story saying that i was going to be in a bollywood film as an extra and will get back to me in a fwe weeks... never heard from him and left numerous mssesages to call me back ..... my instincts told me i had been scammed but didnt believe it till now i seen it on the forum here.... can anyone help me on how to report these people who have scammed many.... they need to stopped and we all should be compensated.....

hrh

Feb 1, 2010
Hi amina
what u need to do is contact consumer direct by email or best phone them at the number above,Then write to lovin model stating "time and essence" letter given them 7days to reply saying your "dissatisfaction" and you would like a full refund. If they dont reply send a second letter stating(final letter before legal action) given them 7-14 days to reply stating you are talking them to court. Make all copies of the letters sent with dates. If all fails which iam sure it will your next step is claims court.
Template Letters can be found on their website:

please let consumer direct know,ASAP

Verbal things the rat kevin has said does not count keep all copies and contracts.Because u used direct debit u should get your money back..its a long wait..I scared now as iv just got a court order to get my money back..if there website is gone i wonder if they ve left warren st..PLZ....PLZ...check it..ASAP...let us know,otherwise we will NOT ever get our money back!!!

hrh

Feb 1, 2010
I mean.....plz go down to warren st..asap...see if they are open!!!! Now if u can or 2moro....i live quite far..u would help us a great deal!

amina1001

Apr 19, 2010
Hi Thanks fo rthe advice i will start to write them a letter stating what you have just said. I actually did email Consumer direct yesterday stating all this but they havent got back to me, so i'm gonna write to them as we speak stating whta they have done. the only problem is i only have my bank as proof of direct debit and i have destroyed all copies of contract that i had with them because i had given up trying to fight against them or even contacting them.

amina1001

Apr 19, 2010
oops sorry - they do still have the website up and running - google didnt pick it up and its still in warren street.

Clive Hurst

Apr 26, 2010
Anybody who want more information about this 'agency should see this:

gomodels-scam (dot) blogspot (dot) com

A similar agency called Go Models/Management - were exposed by the Daily Mirror!

**;^))

amina1001

Apr 19, 2010
i think i might contact the press with this. See how they(lovin models) really like the exposure.

i may need to get details from you all about this and how they conned us. i think we should make a stand ASAP.

hrh

Feb 1, 2010
Hi chris

i had a run in with GO models on old st after what happend with lovin models i new it was a scam and told them to FOX TROT OCAR to their faces and when she she told me i had to pay 180 per month I walked out from their office,It looked and worked in the same method as Lovinmodels!NO WAY AND NEVER AGAIN!!!I wasnt scared or nothing!!!!I Want to shame lovein models which paper do I contact...People contact watch dog on tv,its agood start.

amina1001

Apr 19, 2010
after writing that letter last week to lovin models, i got about 4 calls asking me about a free photo shoot and that theres "no catch" but one where they said i "won" a free photoshoot i didnt even enter any competition!!... how convenient just as i write to LOvin Models and i receive calls like this!!!!!! and all this time i never received any calls about any free photo shoot for like 6months.