misleading information

gnomie

Oct 1, 2009
Whilst comparing prices for flights to Australia I had some queries about BA's baggage policies. I contacted customer services by email explaining that I could not make sense of the website and they referred me back to the website! When I contacted then again they advised me to phone customer services. I phoned on 26th September at 1702 but because my phone number is withheld it cannot be traced. The operator I spoke to, at that time, assured me that if I paid online an additional bag would cost me £32 and that this was valid on a codeshare flight if I booked it through BA. I spoke to another operator on 29th September at about 1030 and she confirmed that the cost would be £32. After being reassured twice I made a reservation online but I was unsuccessful when I tried to book extra bags. I contacted customer services again today was informed me that BA baggage policies did not apply on codeshare flights.

I feel that I have been badly misled. I was specifically looking for the cheapest flight with the greatest baggage allowance. I could have booked with another airline that would have given as 30kg but did not, because for £96 BA would allow us to take our sporting goods with us.

I made this specific booking on the basis of information that I was given by one of their operators and that information has proved to be incorrect. I have emailed customer relations with my complaint but have so far had no reply.