Bought a car under private sale with warranty

dreznicar

Oct 1, 2009
Hi guys,
where do I start I have bought a car auction style on e-bay but before hand(verbaly) seller and me agreed that if there is any fault with the car he will take the car back.When I went to pick the car up he changed it(and I have it in writing) to "I will reapir the car or refund it and take the car back".Now the car was described as "The vehicle is a excellent runner, tidy inside, it has a couple of scratches but nothing major. MOT until march 2010", and I found out that there were major scratches all arround the car and dents as well as the fact that from him the car had to go straight to mechanic.I have contacted him to ask him to take the car back the next day wich he refused and ASKED me to give him a chance to fix the car(needles to say this all took a lot of time).I reluctantly agreed and after day or two I was contacted to pick the car up and to pay for the service of the car as he said he paid for repairs.

When I picked the car up I was presented with a bill of £70 which I paid but there was never any service done and now(still under warranty) the car is broken down again and I asked for refund again and he SAID that he has never agreed to return the car only to fix the car, but because the car has so many problems I am afraid that it will break again next week when I wont have any warranty and I want my money back(only what I paid for not what I have invested in car).

Is there anything I can do?