Manufacturers liability

Gadsby

Oct 2, 2009
I am a plumber and have recently bought a wall covering product via bathroom showroom.

I had problems fitting the product as it was new to me and contacted the manufacturer for advice.

They sent a representative to inspect the goods and tehy said that they were faulty and subsequently arranged for supply of replacement goods.

I was not happy with the quality of the replacements and contacted the manufacture directly again and have been advsied that the goods were inspected prior to their delivery and are fit for purpose.

Following length correspondence I have agreed to accept the goods and have received a full refund.

I am subsequently trying to claim for my lost time, however the manufacturer is clsiming that the amount I am requesting is excessive and have made an offer in an attemp to resolve this issue.

They have also maintained that I have no contract with them in any case and thier terms and conditions apply to thier customet (the bathrooms showroom where I purchased the products from).

I would be gratefull of any advice regarding the leagl aspects of this as I am thinking of taking the manufacturer to teh small claims court to recover my costs for lost time.