faulty ladies shoes from office

Nicola Hollas

Oct 5, 2009
can anyone help??

Two weeks ago I bought a pair of shoes from office shoes,

they were £80 and not in the sale, after wearing them twice (once only for 2 hours) one of the heel tips has come off and the other one is almost off aswell,

due this both of the heels are also now very scuffed as are the front of the shoes from which it must be said can only be cheap materials!

they look as though i have worn them everyday for two years and at this price as im sure you can imagine i was not happy with the quality and would like a refund or at least an exchange,

however, when i returned them to the store, complete with receipt showing sate as two weeks previous,i was told there was nothing they could do as that it the style of the shoe and then to make things worse was told that it must be how i walk!! i dont think so!!

so, i asked to see the manager and he also said he couldn't do anything they can do and neither will head office as it is accidental damage!

infuriated i left the shop but am determined not to give up with this one as otherwise they will always get away with selling cheap crap at extortionate prices,

im now wondering how best to approach their head office to ensure i get my money back or at least a credit note and if there are any 'rights' that have been breached that i can quote in a bid to make this as painless as possible,

any suggestions would be greatly apprpeciated, thanks!

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Hi,

Firstly, I am not an expert on shoes nor heel tips. However, as you have had the shoes such a short period of time and the fact you paid £80 you have a strong case.

From a legal perspective the shop, Office, has to prove that the shoes are not faulty as they are less than six months old.

A letter to head office should do the trick.

State that the shoes are not of satisfactory quality and you would like a full refund. This is one of your statutory rights as defined in the Sale of Goods Act. Give them 21 days to respond otherwise you will start a small claim. Don't forget to include a copy of the receipt.

Best wishes

Tony

This may be of interest: Consumer rights when buying clothing and footwear | Consumer Information

Chutzpah

Jan 9, 2009
twitter.com
"The heel has come off"
"Ah... that's a feature of the shoe! It's a new fashion trend, honest guv!"

Unbelievable.... the main thing here Nicola is that they're not expecting you to argue. So keep going!