A new member says hello.

homara

Sep 4, 2009
Hello all. Have recently stumbled upon this very interesting site. Am hoping to get advice/support on a topic that's proving difficult to deal with at present.* I've learnt a fair amount about particular aspects of consumer law over the past few months. The biggest eye-opener has been how easy it is for unscrupulous property developers and tradespeople to repeatedly con unsuspecting consumers. Even more alarming is the fact that these same unscrupulous people are legally able to get away with it in a number of cases. I've been amazed to learn that the law fails to prevent these serial offenders from conning people time and time again!! **

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Hello and welcome,

Consumers have very little protection when it comes to buying new home. They actually have more rights buying a kettle from Argos.

Tony

homara

Sep 4, 2009
Thanks for the welcome, Tony. My husband and I have found this out, only too painfully, over recent months. Thought we were buying our dream home, a supposedly high spec barn conversion. Its anything but!! The worrying aspect is that we thought we were wise consumers. Went into everything with our eyes wide open, employed solicitors, two surveyors and a snagging inspector to safeguard our interests. All this ....and we're still in a nightmare situation. We've truly learnt that the law protects those unscrupulous developers AND all the connected professions involved in the process of the purchase. Sadly, it does little to protect us.