Very expensive boots that don't fit!

Foxy_Minx

Oct 7, 2009
Hi everyone,

I am hoping someone can give me some advice on how to deal with a situation and what my rights are.

I recently (last week) purchased some boots from a small online store. The boots cost £115 and I paid extra for next day delivery. The boots arrived, I put them straight on and went out. However, I found that the boots are one size too big. I ordered a size 6 and they are marked as size 6 but these are definatley a 7. They are floppy on my feet. I have compared them to another pair of boots of the same make and they are very clearly bigger. I have tried to contact the company and as yet I have had no response. I have a feeling that they are going to refuse a replacement of a smaller size as I have worn them, albeit half a day and minimal wear. I have also lost the stuffing for one boot. I have noted this as lost packaging is mentioned in their return policy, which I have pasted below my email.

Can anyone tell me wear I stand and how best to deal with it?

Pearls of wisdom gratefully recieved!!!.

Jackie

Return or exchange an item
If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, simply return the item(s) to us in their original condition within 14 days of and we will issue a refund on receipt, or exchange the item for a different size / colour if preferred. Delivery charges are only refundable if you have cancelled your entire order within the 7 day period or where the goods are faulty / wrongly supplied and a refund is made.

Please note:

The items are your responsibility until they are recieved by us. For your own protection, we recommend that you send the parcel using a delivery service that insures you for the value of the goods.
The cost of returning the item to us is your responsibility.
The parcel can take up to 7 working days to be returned to our offices, unless sent via a time guaranteed service.
Items must be returned in their original packaging. Items without packaging or with damaged/unsaleable packaging are subject to a 25% restocking fee.
Please complete the form on the back of your receipt and send with the parcel.

Faulty / wrongly supplied items
If the item you received is faulty or we have sent the wrong item, please contact customer services quoting your order number, the details of the product and the reason for return, and whether you require a refund or a replacement. We will then advise on how to proceed with the return. You have 30 days from receipt of the faulty or wrongly supplied items to return them to us.

Note: when trying on items of clothing, please ensure that you are not wearing perfume / aftershave or a deodorant which may leave a scent or marks on the items. We will be unable to accept the return of any items where there is evidence that these instructions have not been followed.

This returns policy does not affect your statutory rights.

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Hi Jackie,

I am afraid if you have worn them and they are not in a saleable condition then you cannot return them. I know this is not the answer you want.

Tony

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
You could put them on ebay now very quickly along with the receipt so that people can see they really are as good as new. That way, you may get some decent bidders and manage to recoup some of your money?