XL Trading - Selling copied software

Walkable

Oct 8, 2009
Consumers should be warned of a company called XL Trading
that are selling illegally copied software from their site.

What is the point of reporting people like this to the authorities
when they do nothing?

This site appears to have been active for months.

1984ReturnsForReal

Oct 8, 2009
XL Trading do not display their trading address or VAT number on their website, which is illegal.

They also insist that they are doing nothing wrong in copying software even though they have said they possess no license to copy software & it isnt copied directly from their own customers valid software as a back up.

They claim to have been doing this for 3 years & claim it to be completely legal.

I am sure they will have a lot of legal paperwork to deal with shortly.

Should you wish to know the identity of XL Trading please feel free to google. Their identity has been heavily distrubuted on the net.

Walkable

Oct 8, 2009
3 years? I can well believe it.

Seems pointless reporting illegal activity like this when nothing seems to get done.

Whats the point of being honest?

Chutzpah

Jan 9, 2009
twitter.com
I was posting in general, and pointing out that not all internet retailers need to display a VAT number (if they don't have one!)

1984ReturnsForReal

Oct 8, 2009
I was posting in general, and pointing out that not all internet retailers need to display a VAT number (if they don't have one!)
Point taken.

Even if XL gave the wrong information & were not registered for VAT they should be after this week.

We now have over 700 more customers join and use our services
ww w. xltrading.co.uk/store/news/22/The-MSE-%27thre ads%27-attacking-XL%21. html]The MSE 'threads' attacking XL![/url]

Their cheepest software is £3 meaning turnover is £2.1 minimum in one week which indicates a turnover of more than £68k per annum & they should be informing HMRC immediately.

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
So they are selling members of the public copies of Software/Games etc. that they already own. Windows Vista for £3 etc. They are also claiming that this is legal and legitimate, but I wouldn't be surprised if a case is being built against them. The thing that really surprises me is that it has been going on for three years.

Tony

Underlay_guru

Oct 9, 2009
As of this morning the XL websites have been closed down following a complaint from Adobe.

...about bloody time.

1984ReturnsForReal

Oct 8, 2009
How do you know it was a complaint from Adobe?
Probably because we have been keeping up to date with things.

& if it wasnt Adobe it would of been:

Microsoft
Google
Ebay
Paypal
Sony
Sage

or anyone in fact. They have been producing copies without license & selling them....

Walkable

Oct 8, 2009
Probably because we have been keeping up to date with things.

& if it wasnt Adobe it would of been:

Microsoft
Google
Ebay
Paypal
Sony
Sage

or anyone in fact. They have been producing copies without license & selling them....
Indeed. He'll be back though unless they take court action.

Walkable

Oct 8, 2009
So they are selling members of the public copies of Software/Games etc. that they already own. Windows Vista for £3 etc. They are also claiming that this is legal and legitimate, but I wouldn't be surprised if a case is being built against them. The thing that really surprises me is that it has been going on for three years.

Tony
Not sure about three years, but certainly since February.