Alienware 3 years warranty

totalwar

Oct 10, 2009
I know when I brought the Dell monitor direct from Alienware DELL 24-inch UltraSharp Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor - 2408WFP : Computer Components | Dell United Kingdom from Alienware it had 3 years warranty started so on there website at the time when I brought but I have no prove.Alienware are saying it was only two years and I have seen the same monitor still being sold by other retailers still has the three years warranty in fact I never heard of a two years warranty always 3 years or 1 year.I contacted Dell gave them the details S/N Alienware Order Number but they could not find it on there syslem.So what are my rights is there anything I can do about this.

Power Button on Monitor defective is stuck and have to turn off monitor at the mains.

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Hi Totalwar,

The warranty is in addition to your statutory rights which give you six years to make a claim against the retailer. Have a look at the links in my signature and this post:

Faulty Playstation 3 Rights | Consumer Information

Although it is about PS3s the same applies, there are letters there that you can adpat too.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Tony

totalwar

Oct 10, 2009
Dell say that all there monitors come with 3 years warranty and are going to replace my monitor and should get it tommorrow will be a refurb very happy Dell was very helpful.I will no longer be using Alienware in the future.:D

totalwar

Oct 10, 2009
Great result - I thought Dell bought Alienware
At the time I bought the Monitor Alienware were still a single company and yes Dell have bought Dell now.Luckly I found my Alienware Invoice without it Dell would have not been able to help me.Alienware could not give me there order number from Dell and the S/N could not be found on Dell syslem.:confused: