I am misslead by a car dealer plz help

Jann

Oct 13, 2009
I was interested in a car on internet it was a dealer car,when I visited the car the way the dealer describe the car with one year dealer warranty I was really interested to buy the car for £6000. Because, I don’t know much about the cars. I took the next day the car to my garage after inspecting the car loads of things was damage and faulty and the garage declared the car un road worthy and not save to drive because of money faults the car had. such as :
the car needs new Gearbox & Clutch, one side shock with shock absorber, inner driver getter, few seatbelt was not working, loads of interior was missing, the car needs new radio unit and many more things that the dealer did not mentioned them.
I took the car back the next day to the dealer to have my money back, but the dealer denied to pay my money, instead he promised me to fix the car. He kept the car for 14 days without doing anything to the car. Finally, I had to collect the car back and spend my own money to get the car back on the road the car repairs cost me more than £ 3500. The car dealer also has written in his receipt that the car needs some mechanical attention, but he did not specified where and which part of the car.

I need pple advice and opinion who had similar kind of experience or knowledge of such a circumstances . Before I take the dealer to the court I want to be sure that I have more chance to get my repair cost from the dealer instead of losing more money to the court procedure.
Thanx

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Hi Jann,

Apologies for the delay, I missed this one. Did the dealer refuse to fix your car? Why did you have to collect it? Have you contacted Trading Standards or Consumer Direct?

Tony

Jann

Oct 13, 2009
Hi Tony, thanks for your reply,
The Dealer promised me to repair the car he kept the car for 14 days without doing anything on the car. I was very upset after 14 days I was there to talk with the Dealer about the issue. The Dealer was very rote and aggressive he called the police and pretends that I was there to threaten him. The police gave me the car key and asked me to leave. I did not want to take the car,but I was forced to do so .
Consumer Direct advise was to go to court. I am conerning if I have chance to win the case in the court, becuase the car Dealer is very tricky and a big lair.