Ebay Ebay Ebay

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
Just thought I'd say again how much I love them. Just won a bike that should cost over £100 for £30. Hurray. I haven't been trawling through ebay for a while but think that it's time I was lured back into its clutches. Why is it that other people's belongings always seem more exciting than brand new ones in a shop. I'm obviously a vintage girl!

jossman

Oct 12, 2009
York
I won a verticle radiator for my conservatory that retails at £297 for £126! anbd its nearly brand new!!

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
I remember buying a Tivo (remember them) for £100 in a clearance sale and sold it for £300 when they became more desirable. I wonder if people still use them?

Tony

Orlandi

Apr 6, 2009
"One persons unwanted stuff is another persons gold" ,I loving winning things at ebay :)

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
Crikey I remember Tivo. In fact I had a meeting with them once (about eight years ago when I had a proper job instead of looking after children!). Are they still in America at all? I now have a Freeview box (not putting them in the same category although let me know if I should?) and I'm wondering whether I would get anything for that on Ebay. What do you all think? Brand new, never been used ... no, honestly!

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Tivo

After writing that post I went on Google and found a few people selling Tivos for £150. You can still get the subscription £10 and £200 for a lifetime. They have kept up with the times and they still work with Freesat. Obviously the analogue tuner is now pretty useless.

I think Tivo is much better than Sky+, it is a shame new ones are not available in the UK that support HD.

With regard to your Freeview box it is probably worth about £5 they are practically giving them away in Tescos :eek:

TiVo UK Official Homepage
Tivo Central - Complete TiVo Systems for sale

mlewis09

Aug 15, 2009
Scunthorpe
www.facebook.com
On the subject of ebay, I've just sold some training resources that I no longer need, I asked for £55 and got £92, and I thought I was being cheaky asking for £55.

Will be putting some more stuff on there in the coming week.

kimrh

Apr 24, 2009
It's always nice to go on ebay and sell something that you thought was a bit of 'old tat' for a decent sum, and likewise to win something that you really want for a bargain price! I totally agree, it is much more fun than getting something new from a shop (also probably due to the fact of buying over the internet too rather than facing busy town crowds!) :)

Orlandi

Apr 6, 2009
It's always nice to go on ebay and sell something that you thought was a bit of 'old tat' for a decent sum, and likewise to win something that you really want for a bargain price! I totally agree, it is much more fun than getting something new from a shop (also probably due to the fact of buying over the internet too rather than facing busy town crowds!) :)
Yep ,especially around Xmas! ,unless you've left it a bit later ordering that is :p

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
You still strike me as lucky MLewis and I'm holding you up as an example of how to start trying to live my life/help my savings etc etc. But, I have to confess, while I am now addicted to this site and find it extremely useful, I have yet to put many of the brilliant bits of advise into practice!

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
Hmmm, I may be falling out of love with ebay after all. I have sold a wardrobe but the lady hasn't been in touch with me (although she has paid) and I can't trace a set of shelves that I bought. The seller tells me the despatch company has tried to deliver them twice to me and if they get sent back to the seller it will cost me more to get them back again. The despatch company are saying they don't know who or what I'm talking about and the seller won't give me any reference. Can anybody help please?