Herbal Remedies

cushtiboum

Oct 22, 2009
Hello,

I purchased 2 bottles of herbal remedy tablets for a specific use. When they arrived and I opened one bottle the stench was appalling. Realising that they probably smelt worse than they tasted I took the recommended dose three times . By the time I got to the third dose I felt such nausea it was really awful. Imediately I realised that these pills werent for me (unusual as I take some other suppliments ok and there is nothing to suggest any untoward interaction with any other tablets on the website). I emailed the company the next day, asking if I could return the second bottle that was unopened. Originally the bottles were part of a deal where you get 2 for a reduced price. I was also worried about getting it back to them within the time period. They wrote back to me basically saying to try to take the pills with orange juice or something to mask the taste. I replied stating that I couldnt face it and I didnt want to repeat feeling that sick again also that I would be sending the bottle back to keep to the terms on their website. They replied stating that becuase I had opened one bottle, the goods were not in the original condition they came in and so no time limit applied and that they were debating wheather or not to give me a refund at all. I clearly pointed out that the remaining bottle has its seal intact.

What rights do I have? Each bottle is worth £25. I bought them as part of a double offer.. do they count as separate items? Am I eligible for a refund? They were certainly not fit for purpose as I couldnt even get to experience wheather or not they did what they stated they could. I would appreciate your help or any other similar experiences.

Many thanks

cushtiboum

Oct 22, 2009
Ive just found this on a similar link

"You cannot possibly check goods without unwrapping them, and even then you cannot considered to have taken ownership of them until you have tried them out to ensure they are fit for purpose. [Signing something on delivery does not constitute acceptance, the law recognises this.]"

These pills were vile and they made me very sick. With no warning of such side effects on their website . Hence I deem them unfot for purpose.

Could I have the whole amount refunded for both bottles in this case? [£50.]

Thanks for your help :)

Chutzpah

Jan 9, 2009
twitter.com
I should note, don't expect any professional body to help you due to an adverse reaction to taking anything they sell (you mention side effects).

There isn't one, and they're completely unregulated.

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Ive just found this on a similar link

"You cannot possibly check goods without unwrapping them, and even then you cannot considered to have taken ownership of them until you have tried them out to ensure they are fit for purpose. [Signing something on delivery does not constitute acceptance, the law recognises this.]"

These pills were vile and they made me very sick. With no warning of such side effects on their website . Hence I deem them unfot for purpose.

Could I have the whole amount refunded for both bottles in this case? [£50.]

Thanks for your help :)
This is correct and is supposed to replicate what you can do in the shop. Most shops do not let you try food before you buy, so although it is appropriate to unwrap and examine the bottles it would not be acceptable to have a swig and send it back.

Tony