Using paysafecard?

solocare

Oct 23, 2009
Hello!

I´m playing online games and need to buy some items. I´ve heard of using paysafecard instead of using a credit card for paying safe with no risk at all - has anyone experiences with this card?

semaphore

Oct 24, 2009
Hello solocare!
I've started using paysafecard after my credit card details got stolen a couple of months ago. As you can guess, it wasn't funny at all. Then I decided to look for some safer ways of buying stuff online.
It's very easy to use it. You can buy it from the nearest local shop (I don't know where you come from but you can surely find one on the paysafecard homepage) and pay online. Each card has a 16-digit PIN code but even if it's stolen, the damage won't be so terrible as when your credit card gets stolen. I hope this helps.

solocare

Oct 23, 2009
Hello semaphore!

Thank you for your help! I´ve had some bad experiences with my credit card too, so I´m very cautios now!
But using paysafecard sounds very easy and safe as you describe it! And that the damage in case the card gets stolen is limited, is true as well!

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
I haven't used these, but remember they are safer in some respects but riskier in others. You can't do a chargeback like you can with Visa cards and you are not protection by Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act like you are with credit cards.

Tony

semaphore

Oct 24, 2009
You're welcome, solocare! Using a paysafecard is really easy, it's something like a prepaid phone card, but you can use it for lots of things, not only for buying items in online-games. You can even buy things on amazon.co.uk.
Tony, you're actually right. I've never thought about it before. But, in any case, I'm using paysafecard for 'mini'-shopping. I won't lose much if something goes wrong. But it's really something to think about. :rolleyes: