LOOK bicycle frame

jasjas

Oct 24, 2009
Hi
I bought a brand new bicycle frame for £1700, LOOK is the manufactures name.
when i started to build it up into a complete bike, i noticed a fault with it that meant it could not be used (the fault would not be apparent until this point) i sent it back to the dealer (he agrees it has a manufacturing fault), who has informed me it MUST go back to France for the manufacturer to inspect it before they decide what to do, the importer also says it must go to france.
In addition, i have also bought all the bits necessay to build it up into a complete bike, these cost over £1500 and without a frame are useless to me!
i strongly suspect they will offer me a repair, which is totally unacceptable to me and i have written to the dealer informing him of this.

As far as i'm concerned, this bike frame should never have been offered for sale.

What are my rights? i had the frame unused, sitting in my house for a month before the fault became apparent.

regards

andy

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Hi Andy,

As you have not had the frame very long and had not taken ownership of it you should try to reject the frame and ask for a full refund.

Include something like this:

The frame is not fit for the purpose and has an inherent fault.

I have not taken ownership of the frame as I have had it less than a month and have not built it.

You are in breach of contract and I am rejecting the frame and claiming a full refund.
Best wishes

Tony