sale of goods advice

terryh

Oct 24, 2009
3 months ago I purchased a laptop from pc world,prior to purchase one the questions I asked was,if I need a spare battery could I buy one,yes I was told we don`t keep them in stock but you can buy them online from partmaster and other sites.guess what I cannot find this battery for sale anywhere.What is particularly annoying is that partmaster is pc worlds own accessory and spares outlet.This is not an old model it is the advent 5712 pc worlds own brand.If I had known that I could not get this battery I would have purchased an alternative model.I travel regularly hence this purchase.without additional power back up this laptop does not fulfill the reason for its purchase.Can anyone tell me what rights I have and what I can do? Your advice will be appreciated.

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
What you were told is part of the contract, but as it was verbal it is going to be impossible to prove. You can get universal batteries that may meet your needs - try a google for Power Gorilla.

chrisbarlow87

Apr 11, 2011
I bought a Nikon compact camera 29th Dec 2010 and took it back 23rd March 2011 as the lens would only partly open. I was told it would be sent off to Nikon for it to be repaired and could take up to 6 weeks before returned. This seems an excessive amount time. I have told them I want it back before Easter. If the camera has not arrived back by then can I demand a replacement one as surely the camera must have faulty on purchase. Your advice will be appreciated.