Am scared now - carpet cleaners!

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
Hi, just wondered whether you all think I'm taking a bit of a risk going for a carpet cleaner after a leaflet was dropped through my letterbox. I live in a four bedroomed house and the cost is going to be £85. I phoned and asked whether he had any testimonials, previous clients, website, etc that I could take a look at but he said really he just worked through leafleting and had been doing it for years. I have booked him as my husband said that I'm being overly paranoid and what can I expect from a local van and some equipment, etc. But, my carpets would cost me over 2k to replace if they got ruined which I very definitely don't have. Can somebody out there reassure me please?

Chutzpah

Jan 9, 2009
twitter.com
He should have some form of business insurance, so don't worry about that (if he's a sole trader you could just go after his assets instead.........)

But on the whole, I wouldn't worry. That quote seems relatively reasonable from my hazy memory of having to use them before in a smaller property. You'll be fine!

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
Thanks Chutzpah - he's arriving tomorrow morning so that's just what I needed to hear. I'll let you know how it all goes and also how the kids adapt to their new life in the attic which is where I'll have to keep them once the carpets are clean! (aghh - just realised I don't have an attic!).

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
Just to let you know I am now the proud owner of some lovely clean carpets. Money really well spent and I should have done it much earlier.