Wrong sized dog harness bought online

geri

Oct 26, 2009
On receiving a dog harness ordered on line described as large, showing a picture of a Weimeraner wearing one (I have a Doberman - same size), it turned out to be far too small. There were no measurements on the website or the packaging.
I emailed the selling company, but had no reply. I telephoned the following day, only to be told that as I had opened the package, I was not entitled to return it and obtain a refund, as they could not resell it. I was told the measurements were on the website - not true. The harness also came in a press stud plastic wallet, so was easily repacked. I e-mailed again quoting the Sale of Goods Act, and that I was cancelling the order as it was under 7 days since receiving it. Again, I have had no reply.
What should be my next move please?
Geri

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
You need to send them a formal letter stating that you will report them to Trading Standards unless they provide a refund. I am assuming this is a UK trader.

Tony

geri

Oct 26, 2009
Hi Tony
Thank you - yes it is a uk trader (Chemist Direct - Birmingham). Still no reply, so I will write as you suggest.
Regards
Geri