I need my credit!

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
I heard bits of a report today about how the govt is hoping to have more influence over individuals' borrowing in an effort to bring down the amount that individuals are loaned, etc. Although I need to pay off all my debt, I live off that facility at the moment and would be lost without it. Do I need to panic yet or will these controls take a while to implement? Is what I'm saying making sense to anybody or have I just misheard and misunderstood again?!

Chutzpah

Jan 9, 2009
twitter.com
The government should get their own debt in order before meddling in personal finances. Although it does make me smile that they have practically encouraged banks to make us borrow borrow borrow borrow in order to grow the economy over the years, and now the chickens are coming home to roost they want us to reduce our debt.

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
Yes I think you have a point. It has been a terrible generation of I want it now! But I am of that generation and I do want it now. Or at least I'm not sure how I'm going to cope if they reduce my limits etc. It's a vicious circle.