had 3 piece suite recovered,,help

missarkansas

Oct 31, 2009
hi
can some one please help me here with my rights
i was wanting a new 3 piece suite,,so i went to a upholstery shop what has been going over 20 years,, and he advised me to get my suite recovered as the frame was solid and good,,apparantley this suite was made by theis man 15 years ago,,so i si=aid ok,,and went to his shop,,came home with patterns of material,,and paid £200 deposit on credit card,a week after i had to go back shop and pay remaining £700 ,suite was delivered day after,well i never seen a mess like it in my life,a hole in the side of couch,back of settee was all puffed up instead of being tight ,one cushion on settee was too short,so i told him i wasnt happy,,so day after off it went again,,been away 2 more weeks,,and today went to view before i had it redelivered,it is worse then ever,one side settee pleated,,other side just flat,and panels back of the settee are all twisted,,i told lady in shop i wasnt happy,,and didnt want it back,,h
so i have to phone owner tuesday,hes had a chance to correct it,,but he hasnt,,what r my rights as i paid on credit card,£900 is a lot of money to pay for something what isnt up to any ones expectations,please advice if u can i would be very gratefull
thankyou
missarkansas,