The £2.78 Christmas dinner

Joy2theworld

Oct 10, 2009
Heard on radio today Brussel sprouts might be in short supply this year due to mild weather apparently they need cold snap to finish them off

mlewis09

Aug 15, 2009
Scunthorpe
www.facebook.com
I just wonder how much it will cost in diesel, driving around all of these shops to get the food ... as some of the stores mentioned are not in my town, it would be a 60 mile round trip to get some of the nice food.

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
Pretty amazing value though, you have to admit. I, for one, am delighted to be going out of town for Christmas. I am terrified of the whole cost of Christmas and am really pleased to be going to somebody else's house to eat their Christmas dinner instead!

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
Chutzpah, come on ... Christmas isn't Christmas without a few sprouts. Done with some little bacon sprinklings and erm, what are they called, pinenuts - delicious!

mlewis09

Aug 15, 2009
Scunthorpe
www.facebook.com
Sprouts are nice if served from a dish, where a little butter has been allowed to melt over them.

And if adding salt and pepper it must always be freshly ground. With a small amount of freshly ground salt added to the water to help lock in the flavour.

Chutzpah

Jan 9, 2009
twitter.com
i'll be getting some frozen sprouts when i'm shopping tonight just in case i cannot get fresh ones nearer the time!!!
Chutzpah, come on ... Christmas isn't Christmas without a few sprouts. Done with some little bacon sprinklings and erm, what are they called, pinenuts - delicious!
Sprouts are nice if served from a dish, where a little butter has been allowed to melt over them.

And if adding salt and pepper it must always be freshly ground. With a small amount of freshly ground salt added to the water to help lock in the flavour.
Any more talk like this and I'm leaving the forum :p