Shop's taken my blind for repair and lost it.

kingloftivii

Nov 5, 2009
Hi all,

I bought some blinds for my flat 6/7 years ago and recently had an issue with them being faulty. I rang the shop and they said they'd send someone round to fix the blind. The repair man promptly arrived and said he couldn't fix it and it would need to be sent away to the manufacturer for repair (he did not give me a receipt for theblind when he took it). I received a phone call a week or so later confirming if i was happy for it to be sent to the manufacturers which i agreed to. Anyway, the months passed and after about 2 months i went back to the shop to ask about the progress, they said they had no record of it being picked up and said they'll look into it. This has happened 6/7times since and i let it go as my father died and i had to sort out all that business for my mother. Now it's some 8/9 months later and the shop are still saying they've no record and are refusing to give me a free blind to replace the one they've obviously lost. They have offered to give me a reduction on the cost of making me a new blind, but i'm obviously reticent to pay for a blind i've already paid for just because they've lost it!?

I would greatlyapprecaite any help/advice anyone could give me

Kind Regards

Chris Loftus

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Hi Chris,

It seems fairly simple to me, they have lost your blinds and need to replace them. I think you will need to threaten legal action to progress this - see the link below. The length of time that has elapsed does not help your case, but obviously there are mitigating circumstances.

Tony

mlewis09

Aug 15, 2009
Scunthorpe
www.facebook.com
I had a similar problem with a national dry cleaner's, they lost a £400 suit, I went to collect it, they handed me a suit of similar coulour, but nothing like my suit, so I asked where's my suit, and I was told it must be on the lorry, it would be here, tomorrow, this went on for about 2 weeks, after which time I said to the manager that I was going to sue them, suddenly she gave me a form to complete, and within 7 days I had a cheque arrive on my door mat.

Threaten legal action, some companies will only do what they should when you threaten to take them to court.