advice on a makeover day - no photos recieved

lau_dicker

Nov 10, 2009
Hi all,

I was just wondering if you could help. I was bought a makeover day for Christmas last year and booked it for the 19th August this year. After the makeover, the salon said there would be up to an 8 week delay on receiving the photos, which would have been fine had the photos turned up. I rang the company after 9 weeks and the lady I spoke to guarenteed me that the photos would be sent out in the next week as they were in the batch that were getting printed at the time. No photos arrived so I rang back again. This lady told me someone from the Newcastle salon would have to ring me back so I left my number, but no phone call ever came. I rang back again on Wednesday only to be told the photos were going to be sent out in the next three days and that a manager would call me back. Guess what, no photos and no phone call. So I rang back today and asked to speak to a manager, which I finally managed to do, and she said she'd find out a 'guarenteed' delivery date which I don't think is good enough. I told her this, and the rest of the story, no phone calls, no photos on the guarenteed dates, and told her it really wasn't good enough. So she's going to call me back this evening (apparently). I was just wondering what I am legally allowed to ask for to stay in my rights? A refund? Photos sent by courier? She offered a free makeover day but to be honest, I wouldn't go back. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Hi,

You need to make sure you have an audit trail by putting all this in writing - summaries all previous conversation in the letter. I think it is reasonable to ask for a partial refund if they cannot provide the photos, but you would have to negotiate an amount.

Tony