repair shop lost my camera

juandan

Nov 11, 2009
I sent my Fuji F30 off to Fuji to be repaired, after Three week in the there repair shop they sent me a replacment camera a new F60, but no explanation, I have been phoning them every week and not once did they say they couldn't fix my camera, I wasn't even given the option to have my camera back and a refund, I have asked for my camera back. there reply was its in a box with other cameras and they have to find it, I just can't believe they throw cameras they can't repair in to a box, then when they want a spare part for the same model camera they have to sort through the box, unbelieveable, I have my suspicions the Fuji F30 is a well sort after camera, I wouldn't be surprised if someone in the Fuji repair shop took a shine to my camera and thought we'll just sent him a new camera and he'll be happy, I got a call from Fuji today saying my camera was lost, no one repaired the camera it just vanished in the repair shop, for weeks they have been telling its getting repaired, I an even more convinced now that someone in the repair has got my camera, some people may think I got a good deal but I didn't want a replacment camera, can I claim compensation for the camera Fuji lost? your help is appreciated

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
It seems reasonable to me that they replace it with the same model - why did they give you a different model?

juandan

Nov 11, 2009
It seems reasonable to me that they replace it with the same model - why did they give you a different model?
Fuji lost my camera, I now have it sorted with them, they are sending me a full working F30 in good condition and I get £88 I paid for the repair, they don't make the F30 any more