Boots didn't last more than a week

rachel

Nov 12, 2009
Hi all

I very recently bought a new pair of boots from a very popular and reputable high street shoe shop, on October 29th. I invested a fair amount of money in these boots (£90) as they appeared to be good quality leather and a perfect fit. I wouldn't usually spend this much on footwear, but I expected these to last me a good while.

However, I have now worn these boots four times and the leather at the back of the heel has completely worn through (as in there are holes!!), letting in water and causing me blisters. I really can't wear these boots again now, not for cosmetic reasons but because they have been rendered completely unfit for purpose!

I would understand and learn from this if I'd bought them from a budget dept store for £15 or whatever but these are leather boots that cost me £90 - indicative of good quality I would have thought. I bought these under the assumption that I could wear them through winter and possibly even next winter, so I'm clearly disappointed that they haven't even lasted two weeks..!!

I'm planning to go into the shop this weekend and speak to the manager, to attempt to get a refund or, at best, an exchange for some boots with small heels to avoid this problem happening again.

I'd quite like to know what my rights are before I go in, as I'm expecting some resistance from the staff. Any help would be appreciated as I really can't afford to lose this £90 on incredibly shoddy footwear!!

Rachel

Chutzpah

Jan 9, 2009
twitter.com
Your rights? To have shoes that actually do their job!

Don't waiver from that at all. An exchange or refund should be reasonable.

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
I don't think you will have any problems. See the link to the Sale of Good Act below:

Tony

rachel

Nov 12, 2009
Thank you... Just needed confirmation that this is reasonable!! Going to go and read the riot act tomorrow, if all else fails I'll put out a rendition of 'these boots were made for walking'...