Help Needed: Been ripped off (KK Autosalvage AND 247spares.co.uk)

ThyJones

Nov 12, 2009
Hi there.

Firstly sorry for the long post.

I believe this is not the first time 247spares.co.uk or .com have been mentioned, for similar reasons as i'm about to discuss.

Basically I've been ripped off/left in the lurch out of pocket and pretty annoyed.

Here are the details in full.

I needed to buy a part for my girlfriends car (106). I needed the full hub and strut. I went to 247spares.co.uk and filled out a quote. Quickly I got an email reply, which stated a few things:

"£35.00 - 180 Day Guarantee - Next Day Delivery"
"Condition: Used
Additional Notes:
kk auto\'s offer this part with a 6 month guarantee and free next day delivery , if intereseted please call 01914691004 and ask for john , thank you"
Postage & Packaging for this order £FREE

TOTAL INCLUDING VAT + DEL = £40.25

Company Name: - KK Autosalvage
Tel: 447013109181

Shortly after that, I got a phonecall from KK Autosalvage discussing the exact same email, where I stated that I needed a 4 stud hub, complete strut, and also a driveshaft too. This was no problem, and they were having a few problems with their payments(couldnt take card) so I suggested paypal. They said they had maxed out their receiving limit, so we came to the conclusion of doing a bank payment(from online banking).

I spoke to my girlfriend who did this, for a total of £80.10 which was the original cost, plus the cost for the driveshaft. They confirmed this was received, and they would send the parts out next day. Next day came, no parts(I rang early on in the morning, and they said they would definately be there the next day. They arrived the next day.. BUT it was the wrong part, they sent a 3 stud hub, which is incorrect and not the 4 stud one I asked for. To confirm, i've checked and for the year and engine size I specified they don't even do a 3 stud for, so there is no confusion.

I rang up, and spoke to wayne. who was another contact at KK Auto Salvage. He said OK No problem, as if he knew that it was the wrong part already, and said he would organise someone to collect it, and refund the money, and he would ring later that day to confirm when. That call never came.

I rang the following day, the number they had given: 01914691004 another number they had rang me from: 07013109181 but the numbers werent active. I kept trying for a few days at various different times, and it was exactly the same. I managed to get one further listed number for them too, which was the same problem.. not good.

So, I went back to 247spares and put in a complaint on their website, I waited about 2 days, No reply, so i tried ringing them on the number they had listed 08713456247.

This went around the normal process of no one being able to answer my call(automated) and I was basically on hold for 30 mins, didnt get to speak to anyone so hung up. I tried again later, no luck. I kept trying throughout the next week, and was on hold for a total of 3 hours and 35 minutes and STILL hadnt got to speak to anyone what so ever. I pretty much gave up hope. I filled in more complains (now 4 in total) on their website, leaving my works number and my mobile number) Both are on 247 and both have answerphone.

Still nothing. I gave it about a week, and by chance thought about ringing 247spares. I rang their number again: 08713456247 and got through within about 30 seconds. I was shocked. I spoke to someone who said her name was Claire.

She told me, it wasnt their problem, and that it was KK Autosalvages problem, I told them they werent answering and then she said I need to make a complaint through their website. I said to her I had now done this about 4 times, in which her reply was along the lines of: "if you had done a complaint, someone would have spoken to you, I know this because I organise it, and someone would have spoke to you". I explained that I had heard nothing at all, and she said, maybe I didnt answer my phone, to which my reply was, I've had no missed calls, no answer phones, nothing for either my work or mobile. She said, do it again, began getting rude and then Hung up. Ringing back produced the same problem of being on automated hold. Ive tried various times. no luck. I put in numerous more complains online listing my mobile and work number and multiple email addresses. I have been ignored every time.

So now Im £80.10 out of pocket for the parts, and My phone bill has come through very high due to the calling cost of 9p per minute to their number(which is more on mobiles) so im pretty sure I've been scammed!!!

Is 247spares.co.uk a scam?

I rang trading standards and told them everything, who said send them (KK AutoSalvage) a letter stating sale of goods act etc, and send it recorded. I did, and had this returned by royal mail, who say they are no longer in business. GREAT...

So what can I do?

Where do I go from here? I cant see any listing of them going into administration so cant get my money back. Any ideas please? Sorry for the long post

The only other information I have is shown below.

Address:

KK Auto Salvage, Address:
Felling Business Centre, Unit P
Gateshead, NE10 0QH

and

Company Directors Report

K & K AUTO SALVAGE LIMITED Reg No 06799195

Company Secretary
Directors
ANSER HUSSAIN
Appointment Date: 22/01/2009
Occupation/Function: MANAGING DIRECTOR
Address: 96 LANDFALL DRIVE, HEBBURN, TYNE & WEAR, NE31 1FE
Present Appointments: 1
Resignations since June 1996: 0

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Hi,

I would suggest sending the letter to the Managing Director by recorded delivery in the first instance and see what happens from there.

Tony

darcytt

Jul 12, 2012
I have recently had an unsatisfactory experience with 24/7Spares and have just noticed on my Mobile phone bill two calls of less than 3mins , to chase up quotes, have cost me almost £5 their 07034 numbers must be high rate premium numbers!!!!!!!

Bluebirdfinch

Feb 5, 2015
Hello -

I am Susan McEwan. I have had a bad experience so far with this company. Do you or does anyone you know have a written address of the actual 247 company. I suspect they are getting to get shirty and charge a lot just for me to phone them- they have got my details and I want them removed. Maybe I will have to phone watchdog. I will see what I can do......and have a think.

yours sincerely,

Susan McEwan, newbie joiner of community.
This looks like a very helpful and useful community.