New Car price reduced the day after I'v just signed the first set of forms to buy it.

piratematt

Nov 13, 2009
Hi

Hopefully someone can help me out pretty quickly here.

Last week - I was shopping around for a new Astra on the scrappage scheme.
I found one in a Scotland Dealership for £7499.

The cheapest local dealership was £8499.
Our scrappage car couldn't really make the journey to Scotland - so I contacted the local dealership by telephone and asked if they could meet me halfway on the difference making the price £7999.
After much haggling they refused - and as they were chaeper by £500 than any other local dealers - I paid a £250 deposit over the telephone.

At this stage - I had never been inside the dealership

Two days ago, I went in and signed a few more forms - we are still waiting for the log book to be delivered on the scrappage car - so not everything is complete.

I've just been on the website of the dealership I've bought the car from - and they now have the EXACT same Astra for £7999. The price I asked them to get to but they flat refused.
I've not got the car yet, and I'm understandly not impressed. Do I have any rights here.

The dealership website says that they price match?
Can they price match themselves?!!?!

I'm prepared to lose my £250 deposit if I have to - but I'm disgusted and want to either:
A) Back out of the deal
b) Get the car on the offer price they are now advertising.

I'm waiting for the sales guy to phone me - I can't get hold of him this morning

If this had been a month, or even days after I physically had the car - I would happily cut my losses - but at the moment I feel quite cheated.

piratematt

Nov 13, 2009
Re: New Car price reduced the day after I'v just signed the first set of forms to buy

Finally got back in touch with the sales man.
They have honoured the newer price on my sale.

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Re: New Car price reduced the day after I'v just signed the first set of forms to buy

Well done and thanks for the update, was it straightforward?