Faulty Nokia N97 on Vodafone

Miss-CM

Nov 16, 2009
Hi there,

I wonder if someone could give me some advice on dealing with Vodafone. To cut a long story relatively short, I took out an 18 month contract 4 months ago, and within a month, I had a fault on my handset. I called Vodafone and they arranged for a Courier to come and replace my handset.

The new handset worked fine for 6 weeks, and then developed problems. After several completely unhelpful conversations with the 'customer service' advisors I got no joy, so I wrote a complaint to the Customer Relations team at the CEO's office. The guy I spoke to was great and sent me out a brand new N97 Mini. The only problem is, in just 3 days, its turning itself off, cutting calls and other little problems.

I called back the Customer relations team and they told me they would send me out a completely different phone, however, on looking at the phones on offer I am not happy with any of them. I asked to cancel my contract as I don't believe they are sticking to their side of the contract, the lady I spoke to said if it was up to her, she would do it, but as my complaint was being dealt with my another advisor, he wouldn't.
They are now in the process of sending me out ANOTHER N97 Mini, my 4th phone in 4 months.

I now have no faith what-so-ever in Vodafone, or Nokia and just wanted to know if there is anything I can say to them to get me out of my contract.
Thanks for your help!

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
I remember having lots of problems with a Nokia N95 when they first came out. It worked fine once Nokia had updated the software.

Anyway, you have given them reasonable opportunity to rectify the situation and I think it is reasonable for the contract to be cancelled.

Tony

Espi_Vodafone

Nov 25, 2009
Hi Miss CM,

I am disappointed to hear that you have had so many issues with handsets and I imagine this must be very frustrating for you.

I would like to put you in touch with a team that will be able to help you further. I have sent you a private message with the details of how to contact them.

I trust that we can resolve this issue for you.

All the best,

Espi
Web Relations Team
Vodafone UK

Espi_Vodafone

Nov 25, 2009
Hello again,

Unfortunately my private messaging function is not working at the moment.

Could you please email us at -
webrelations @ vodafone . com

All the best

Espi
Web Relations Team
Vodafone UK

easy1355

Jan 17, 2010
I too have had problems with the N97, and the same as many many others, and Vodafone have been next to useless.... Gps navigation slow, even with latest firmware, and the GPS just dropping out.. a friendly audible message to 'Now Turn Left' on the M40... a scratched lens. Cache problems, phone slow and freezing, and I know it's not just me, as my cousin had one (I say had, he threw it down the stairs in anger). But now, to add insult to injury, Vodafone are referring me to Nokia Directly.. not taking any responsibility for my experience at all..

I will be complaining..

GSt2010

Mar 8, 2010
Hi there Miss-CM

I'm in the same boat as you, I'm now on my 4th N97, they didn't even offer a Mini! After doing a bit of Googling I found out that Vodafone pulled this from sale after only a few months rather quietly, even they didn't consider the N97 fit for purpose so why they expect you to is beyond me!

I've spend hours and hours on the phone trying to sort this problem out (including one stint lasting 4 hours!), the only phone they offered me was a N900 as "its more stable" but at an in-store demo this started crashing and being very slow to respond. I've now written to Vodafone as the customer helpline was so unhelpful and so if you've found a resolution at all I'd love to hear it?

Ozman

Apr 29, 2010
London
Hi,

I also have a Nokia N97 (not the mini). Since I got it as an upgrade from Vodafone it crashed when ans calls - i.e. from the slider on the screen. I tried all the updates and went to Voda Store in Holborn and they just fob'd me off (as usual). Now, well since the last 3 weeks it has completely screwed up. The problems are endless.

Some e.g.

1) The phone has changed its background itself
2) It has become painfully slow
3) Cannot read texts
4) Cannot receive texts
5) Cannot send texts
6) Cannot use internet in anyway
7) Cannot receive calls all the time
8) Cannot View any application (whether preinstalled or post)9) Drops calls 95% of the time (even with full bars)
10) Crashes randomly
And there is A GREAT DEAL MORE in terms of problems.

I have called Voda CS a number of times and they have all given me silly options like sending me out another phone and extending my contract by another 6 months. Yeah right - I'm waiting for my contract to end. Also, they advised that I take it to the store and they'll give me a replacement phone while they send it off for repair. This is not true, as the store said they have no spare phone and that Voda CS is different from them???

With all that said; this has become a ridiculous joke that I am paying £50 per month for. I am now considering talking to the Office of Fair Trading. And I have already recommened alot of family and friends not to go with Voda.

Any advice would be great. P.S. I have considered smashing the phone against the concrete pavement, so please advise something else.

xea

Jan 30, 2011
Hey,
I have had same problems as everyone else, i got a nokia n97 mini from phones for you,first 3 months they repaired my phone 3 times, then replaced it 3 times and repaired my latest phone twice, by then i really got sick of paying my bill but having no phone so i gave up, worst phone i ever had, everyday plays up with numous faults, (no signal, turns itsself off, freezes, screen goes blank and so on). Phones for you offered my like for like replacement (so they said) offered me only phones that i could buy for £100 on PAYG, no phone offered to me while mine was in repair, although i like vodafone they wern't really intereseted, nokia neither, but phones for you definetly worst customer satisfaction i have ever seen, Just wondering what outcomes you guys had with the same phone and problems