second hand car

robbojnr

Nov 17, 2009
this a long winded story, but i will keep it short

i bought a rover mini 1997 model about 18 months ago, i bought it off a guy who deals in minis, who lives beside me.
Anyway i paid good money for it in excess of 4k, I believed that by paying this money i was getting something that good, how wrong i was.

Amongst the mechanical things going wrong with it, the first sign of rain left a swamp in my car. I contacted the dealer he said that he had been unaware of this, but having taken it to a body repair guy he told me that this is a typical of this year of rover mini.

So the dealer said he would pay half of the body work repair which would be around 700 according to him, I have this in writing. So i decided to use his body repairs man, well this is another story 14 months later and at a cost of 1500 the car is now ready to be picked up.

This car has cost me a small fortune and i have hardly driven it, dicked around by 2 people, I am intending now to claim for the whole amount.

Do you think this is possible after this length of time?

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
In principle the longer you leave it to make a claim the weaker it gets.

Did you accept the offer of £700 as a remedy?

Tony

robbojnr

Nov 17, 2009
i asked for 1k , he said that the car would cost 700 to get fixed which it now appears is going to cost me twice this. He originally said in my dialogue with him via letter that he would pay half what it cost.

All in all i feel totally shafted as the guy who did the body work, i now find out he has basically shafted me on the price of the parts