Possible T-Mobile Breach of Contract

Steve111

Nov 17, 2009
Surrey
I have been with T-Mobile for many years, since the days of ‘One to One’. Generally, I have been happy with the service however of late I have become a little disappointed with them for reasons I need not got into now. I have become more concerned with the recent news of the ‘sale of private customer data’.
I cannot prove this however I am certain my details were passed on as far back as 4 years ago. I was called on numerous occasions, unsolicited; from a 3rd party who knew my contract was up for renewal.

Question, Is it at all possible that in having my details sold (possibly) on to a 3rd party, that T-Mobile are in breach of contract with me?
I ask this as their website clearly states that they will only pass on data to Group Companies.
Appreciate any advice.

Bacon1983

Aug 23, 2009
I was actually wondering the same thing as both my husband and i have had oter companies phoning us, even as recent as this week.

Sure they are breaking the data protection act which in turn would break their contract with customers.

Steve111

Nov 17, 2009
Surrey
I was actually wondering the same thing as both my husband and i have had oter companies phoning us, even as recent as this week.

Sure they are breaking the data protection act which in turn would break their contract with customers.
I have just seen an official statement on the T-Mobile website which suggests that the 'breach' occured between July 2007 & November 2008 however I am quite certain the calls I got, and continue to get, from '3rd parties' date back before 2007.