Primark

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
My god, I have just been to Primark for the first time. While I'm the first to admit that the quality of clothes in there isn't brilliant I am more than happy to purchase tights and hats and gloves, etc from there for a paltry £1. In fact, I just bought four pairs of tights for my kids at twenty pence each in the sale box. At that price, it doesn't really matter if they don't last the course.

mlewis09

Aug 15, 2009
Scunthorpe
www.facebook.com
My first ever pair of boxers was from Primark - they were a present from a partner, slightly rude and very comfortable ... I now have lots of Primark undies ... I first discovered Primark about ten years ago, when I had a uniform allowance from my employer of £20 per year for jeans ... I was able to get 5 pairs for that price ... excellent!!!

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
Do I really want to know how they manage to make them so cheaply though? Have they been looked at in terms of which country the clothes are being made in and who is making them in what conditions? Please tell me yes and that there's nothing I need to worry about ...

mlewis09

Aug 15, 2009
Scunthorpe
www.facebook.com
Primark were investigated and criticised by Panorama last year for the sweat shop culture that they foster in the developing world.

I am an ethical man, I buy organic, fair trade and locally sourced foods, I shop locally when I can, I use markets and independent shops, and I boycot Nestle (all Nestle products because of the Baby Milk Issue), I recycle just about everything, and bye lots of recycled products, I support charities, I drive less and have paid to have trees planted in my name ... but sometimes I just have to get cheap clothes from Primark.

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
I can't tell you how glad I am that you put in the final comment. I was getting so impressed and worried all at the same time as I was reading your post! Phew - but well done you for being so good most of the time. We should all try our best and I know I could try a lot harder.