can I use visa chargeback

ybhuibt

Nov 19, 2009
I ordered an item of jewellry as a gift from a company in New Zealand. The envelope arrived, having clearly been tampered with, and was completely empty. It had a customs sticker on the outside, clearaly stating the value and nature of the item, very tempting to would-be thieves. It was also sealed in a resealable padded envelope which was easy to open to reseal. The company suggested I try to claim through the Royal Mail - though we do not know where it was tampered with. According to info from the Royal Mail, the sender has the responsibility to make the claim. The company agreed to send another and nothing has arrived. I have had no responses to emails chasing up. The purchase was made on line using a visa debit card. How do I go about using charge back, am i entitled to and what sucess have others have? I would also like to highlight this company as one to avoid, given their lack of response in addressing the problem.
Any advice anyone?

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
It is certainly worth a go, but I don't think I have come across anybody that has found it easy.

Tony