My Missing Baby

Ken the chef

May 11, 2009
The baby in question is my Gaggia Baby Twin Espresso coffee machine. About 18 months into a 2 year guarantee I noticed a drop in the steam system pressure.
I contacted the supplier Cafe Italia and they arranged for my machine to be returned to a Gaggia service agent, which was fine, but at that precise time Gaggia was taken over by Phillips, again that was fine as they sent me a service ref number.
The nominated service agent contacted me and arranged a pickup which I was very impressed with as that only took a day or two.
About 10 days later the machine was returned but after a few hours I realised that the machine had not been repaired. Sill no steam pressure!
I contacted the service agent and Phillips and another pickup was arranged, and was on its way within a week.
from this point I have not been able to contact the service agent as an answer phone cuts in to leave a message, guess what I have never had an answer.
Two or three days ago I tried to contact Phillips in an attempt to find out what was happening about mt coffee machine. I was making phone calls for over four hours, getting pushed from pone number to phone number. [About 15 in all]
In desperation I did manage to find a number on the official Phillips sight but again I was moved around on the phone getting nowhere.
On another Phillips Webb site I found an email address where I laid out my problem and received an email quite quickly acknowledging my email. That was three days ago. No other contact so far
What can I do now?

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Hi Ken,

Of course you could just take it back to the retailer and ask them to sort it out. The contract of sale is with them. They will say that it is under warranty, but you can say that Phillips failed to fix it.

Good luck

Tony

Ken the chef

May 11, 2009
Hi Tony,
I would like to do that if my machine turns up!
I wonder if the company that has the machine is holding the machine waiting to see what Phillips is going to do.
What happens if my machine never turns up, I can't even get anybody to say where it is!
Unanswered call and total confusion at Phillips.

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Hi ken, a letter stating that time is now of the essence and you be forced to start a small claim in thee weeks if it is not returned should do the trick.

Tony

Ken the chef

May 11, 2009
Hi Tony,
Thanks for that.
I will alsocontact Cafe Italia first to see if they can get some info sbout the state of repair as it was them that set up the first repair.
Ken

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Yes but a letter does give you a recognised way of proving they have received it. You could send a copy by email

Ken the chef

May 11, 2009
Hi Tony,
Just to let you know the baby came home just a minute or two ago
Thank you for your help, again, I'll pass on the good work you do.
Ken