Faulty goods not safe to use.

crchipperfield

Nov 21, 2009
Hi there my name is Chris.

I bought a road legal Buggy from a shop in august this year. I have had nothing but problems with the buggy. I have made over 6 trips back to the garage where I bought it to have them sorted. The garage is over 30 miles away from me and I need to get the train back home, taking up over 3 hours of my day, not to mention the money.

The main fault had been with the exhaust. The garage said they would need the buggy there to get it sorted but it was unusable, in fact I was pulled over by the police and told if it was seen on the road with the defect exhaust it would be seized. I was forced to pay for the buggy to be recovered as the police said it was un-road worthy, and I could be arrested for 'breach of the peace'. I also told the garage that I have a very dangerous wheel wobble and that I would not feel safe in driving it.

Any how I paid for a local firm to have it recovered (£80) to my home address.

After a very long conversation the garage agreed to come to my home and fix the buggy as I didn't have the time or money to have it taken to the garage.

They fixed the issue with the exhaust but said that I needed then to take it to them to have the wobble sorted. I told them that it is dangerous to drive and I would not risk my life. It was not their problem as far as they were concerned and that if I wanted it sorted then I must get it to them to be looked at again at my cost.

I simply do not have a bottomless pit of money, and can not afford to spend any more.

I have a product that is clearly not fit for purpose, nor has it been since the day I bought it. I informed the garage of the Act's that protect us as consumers and they told me that if I tried to hand it back they would simply close up shop as business was slow at the moment and they could not afford to take it back. But did admit it is the only one that has any many problems as it has. I told them that I would accept a replacement buggy but they told me that this would not happen. All they say is that they will sort it out again and again.

I would love any advice that any one can give me to help. I have totally lost confidence with the garage and the buggy. I would like to add that I did have one of these before and never had 1 problem with it. I only sold it to upgrade and get a newer model.

I have spent £5000 on the buggy and almost £500 on train fares, bus fares, fuel, and recovery, not to mention my own time.

I have kept all emails conversations between me and the garage, and taken pictures of all the issues.

Please could someone help or advise me.

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Hi,

You can't really demand a refund until they have been unable to fix the same fault three times. Is this the case?

Having the buggy fixed should not cause significant inconvenience or expense. You are within your rights to claim back your expenses.

I hope this helps,

Tony