Wrong ticket

lemming3k

Nov 23, 2009
Hi, I was sent the wrong ticket for an event, but I found out too late(I was already at the gig). I've used the company a hell of a lot without any issues before so this is a freak thing I have no experience with, however in the end I had to sit down after paying for a standing ticket so was left disappointed.
Do I have any rights as a consumer at this point as it's still the mistake of the ticket company for sending me the incorrect ticket and I would never have gone had I known.
I had a terrible night sitting on my own, the sound was poor on the balcony and I couldn't see the front of the stage, not to mention after queing in the pouring rain I had to sit soaking wet and cold as I was in a t-shirt expecting to be standing and jumping this off in the heat! :(
It isn't obvious the ticket is incorrect if you don't know where to look(it's written SIDEWAYS and in smaller print than the rest of the ticket), so it didn't jump out at me that there was any error as it doesn't say "seated" anywhere. I also have the paperwork that came with it and that's all correct and clear.

I'd like to know what my rights are on unsatisfactory goods/services? I know it's my responsibility to look things over, but as with a lot of things it isn't always obvious something is wrong until you go to use it! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

lemming3k

Nov 23, 2009
Well, having originally written an email and got no response for a week I called them and was told to put everything in writing, along with the ticket and accompanying paperwork. (of course I suddenly received a reply to my email the day after I called).:rolleyes:
So having sent it all off in writing nearly a month ago I've heard nothing. I'm going to call again and chase this up in the new year as things have been pretty busy but so far I'm not impressed with customer service. Will keep you updated.

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
When you write you need to give them a clear indication of when you expect a response by and what remedy you expect - a refund I assume. 14/21 days is normal and a mention of a possible small claim.

lemming3k

Nov 23, 2009
When you write you need to give them a clear indication of when you expect a response by and what remedy you expect - a refund I assume. 14/21 days is normal and a mention of a possible small claim.
It's hard to remember my exact wording, but I'm sure I suggested a refend and whilst not giving a time limit I never expected they'd take so long about it. I thought I'd give them a chance to rectify the mistake before resorting to threats of legal action, but it seems that may be the only way to deal with these companies.

lemming3k

Nov 23, 2009
Having written to them by post, chased them up by phone and email multiple times over the past 2 months I find myself ignored completely(and I've been informed their turnaround time is 10 days!!!). It's a disgusting way to treat a loyal customer. Is there any free legal advice I can seek on the subject as I've had enough of this?
I'd like to name and shame them but I don't want to break any forum rules.

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
That's pretty impressive for shocking customer service. I don't know about legal proceedings but I hope you manage to sort it out in the end. Good luck.

lemming3k

Nov 23, 2009
Well after another call and email after speaking to a manager and receiving someones personal email - I finally received a phonecall(while I was at work) so the message that has been passed on is they'll call tomorrow with something about a partial refund.
It's better than nothing but all things considered I still think that's below par. Trouble is it isn't worth the hassle of chasing up anymore, and if I have to pay for legal action the ticket price just isn't worth it. Not sure how much they'll offer me so we'll see*cough* hint *cough*, and I'm definitely not going to use them again.