TV

Babar

Nov 23, 2009
Hi I bought a TV from Tesco in Feb 2009. Its sound is not working. Called there help line. It is still under warranty. They tried to solve the problem over phone which they could not. Offered repair by booking in and somebody will come and collect it for repair. I work and no one in home to give the TV for repair. What are my rights for replacement or refund.

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
I am afraid you have to give them three attempts to repair the TV before you can demand a replacement or a refund.

Babar

Nov 23, 2009
I have asked them if I can leave TV in one of tesco stores so it can go for repair. They only want to collect from my home. Collection time does not suite my working hours. They expect me to be in home when they come for collection, that means I have to take a day off from work. It is a reasonable demand?
Secondly, as far as I could undersatnd my rights. They should provide me with replacement while they repair. It is TV which is Tesco's own brand.

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
The repair should cause significant inconvenience. I think that you would struggle to claim that being without a TV would cause this. Can you leave the TV with a neighbour?

Tony