what do i do sum1 help with my loans

Debh86

Nov 23, 2009
I really hope someone can help me i am in a completely picked and don't have a clue what to do!

I have two loans and a credit card with lloyds and have been on a payment plan with them several times i have missed a payment either on the credit card or the loan because i don't have enough money to cover paying them after mine and my partners bills.

After being on this payment plan i have noticed that the amount i now owe is an extra £1000 plus i am £45 over my overdraft because lloyds have put huge bank charges for example i am due £128.30 to be charged on the 1st December.

I cant afford to carry on paying what i am with interest on top as im barely paying off the interest let alone the loan itself and its getting me deeper in debt.

My partner told me he went through the same thing with lloyds in 2007 and ended up going to court and now he wants me to get lloyds to do the same thing, and ask them to send me to court, because no matter what they do all they want it there money and that's all they care about.

I spoke to someone to lloyds today after them leaving a voice mail on my work phone last night at 6:38(which i got in **** about) demanding i call them back before 9:00pm that night!

I spoke to someone who seemed to be rather considerate and explained what my situation was this being i missed this months payment due to being given a letter from out landlord saying we need to be moved out by end of Jan 2010

so i didn't pay because paying a deposit on a new house so we have a roof over my head is more important than the loans and i cant do a budget report because i don't know what i will be spending come December when we move out .

So we came up with a very ruff one and she said i could pay £20 for one loan and no interest on that loan and £25 for the other but still have interest and the interest i am paying is only £12, she has offered to reduce the bank charge from £128.30 TO £53.30

Thing is i don't know how long this interest will be on hold for more likely only six months as that's how long the plans are and then what will happen with the interest i haven't been paying the previous 6 months will they hit me with it or will the interest be stopped for good???? and if i agree will i be in the same issue in 6 months time when the plan has come to an end???

So should i do as my partner has said and ask Lloyds to send me to court???

I am getting constant phone calls
my account is one min with SCM Solicitors and next min i talking to Lloyds
collections again

What do i do????

mlewis09

Aug 15, 2009
Scunthorpe
www.facebook.com
It seems to me that you need to find out how long this revised plan is for, once you know you might be able to take some action.

I would avoid going to court if you can, a county court order or voluntary insolvancy arrangement, or bankruptcy will have severe effect on your future ability to get credit, which may impact on you getting a rented home in the future.

If the agreement is only for a few months, ensure you pay the agreed amount, and keep in touch with the bank, either by phone, or through your local branch. You can ask the banks to freeze the debts, effectively cancelling them, and charging no further interest, however this will mess up your credit rating too.

The best thing you can do is talk to the bank, and maybe get some advice from a qualified debt advisor ... there is information and contact details for such organisations on the following website Ways out of debt : Directgov - Money, tax and benefits

Good luck

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
And make sure, if you don't go via the route of getting the bank to freeze your debts, of shopping around for interest free cards. It does come with its own penalty - i.e. doesn't look good and affects credit ratings - but that may be something you think is worthwhile considering your current situation. Good luck and I hope things improve.

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
I may have said this already but I've applied for Virgin Media Card - 16 months at 0 % interest and I'm a great believer in things improving in the future!

Quick Cash Advice

Sep 20, 2010
London
quickcashpayday.co.uk
If you report your problem to an authority body then your interest is frozen whilst they look into the problem. It may well be that you can reclaim some of the charges as unlawful. I'd advise talking to the Citizens Advice Bureau to find out how to go about this, just search for CAB in Google